In this topic, you will learn about, What do you mean by protocols?
What do you mean by Protocols?
The protocol provides a set of rules to access, upload, download, files on the internet. There are various types of the protocol specified for telecommunication where each protocol specified as separate levels. Some types of protocol are –FTP ,SMTP,ARP,ACRP,HTTP,UDP,ICMP.
In website or internet use some internet protocol like FTP (File transfer protocol),HTTP,TC/IP (Transfer protocol/internet protocol),SNTP.
Types of Protocol:
- FTP: it is used to upload or download files on the internet. In this protocol we can check file type and file size.
- SMTP: It is used with a mobile phone. Using it we can send MMS or can be open any Gmail or any other emails.
- ARP: It stands for an asynchronous routing protocol. It is used with the physical layer. It is also called a networking protocol.
- ACRP: Asynchronous control routing protocol. Using this protocol we can specify packet switching.Using this protocol we can specify data link layer rules.
- HTTP: It stands for hypertext transfer protocol. It is also called internet protocol.
- UDP: It stands for uniform datagram protocol. It specifies in the session layer where UDP set the sliding window technique.
- ICMP: It stands for Interconnection manipulation protocol. It is also called internet protocol. It offers a set of rules for smartphone networks like mobile phones or tablets.
Comment below if you have queries related to the above topic, What do you mean by protocols?