In this tutorial, you will learn about, Types of Documents.
As we know documentation is a very important phase of system development and it continues throughout the System Development Life Cycle. During the development of the software many types of documents are created they can be Named As:
- Analysis documents.
- Design documentation.
- Interface documentation.
- Internal program documentation.
- User-oriented documentation.
These documents are prepared to communicate the information about the system to its user and developer.
The process of Documentation:
There are various steps involved in the process of documentation. Which can be explained by a given figure.
- Source material for documentation: The material collected for documentation includes specification, formats, screen layouts, and reports layouts. A copy of the operational software is helpful for preparing the documentation for users.
- Documents plan: here the documents specify the details of the work to be carried out to prepare the documents. It also defines the target audience.
- Review of the plan: the plan as said out in the process above is reviewed to see that the materials acquired are correct and complete.
- Creation of documents: the documents are prepared with the help of document generator or manually.
- Testing of documents: the document created is tested for its usability as required by the target audience.
- Maintaining document: once the document is created and distributed it must be kept updated with the new version of the software product.
Comment below if you have queries related to the above topic, Types of Documents.