In this topic, you will learn about, Staffing.
Like planning and organisation staffing is also an important function of management. The staffing function is concerned with (Recruitment, selection, training, performance, orientation etc.
It is also concerned with the procurement and efficient management of the people in an organisation.
How to retain them:
- Staffing is a process of matching jobs with the individuals (placing the right person at the right place).
- Staffing is the function of managing jobs.
- Staffing also includes proper orientation and training after organising total activities to be done management is in a position to know the manpower requirement of the company at different levels in the organisation.
- The management is in a position to the necessary steps for recruitment selection, training, and placement of employees.
- Staffing is a continuous process because the existing employee may leave the organisation and new employee may join it.
Hence staffing is concerned with the following aspects:
- Estimating the manpower required for both of managerial as well as operative force i.e. (manpower planning).
- Establishing the job requirement (specifications) and job description.
- Determining the source of requirement.
- Selecting process and placement.
- Development, training (educating them).
- Coordinating transfer, promotion etc.
- Maintaining records of efficient manpower management.
- Developing and following the sound personal policy (for retaining then in an organisation).
Thus, these are based on sub-functions of the function of staffing. For the success of a business organisation it is very essential the proper staffing procedures are followed:
- The process of matching jobs with the individual:
- Determining the job requirement: In other words what kind of man do we need for each job (Human Resource Management).
- What are the abilities of a man now working in the organisation?
- What steps can be taken in the short run to match the man with jobs?
- What should be done in the long run for it?
- Job Analysis: Job analysis here defines it is a process which discovers and identify the fact which represents in respect to each job.
Job analysis plays an important role not only in the success of the organisation. But it plays a vital role in manpower selection their eligibility criteria, excellence in a particular domain and the past experience to plays an important role.
- Job Evaluation: in the job evaluation organisation is actually the performance of the organisation. In this, we compare the
- Job Description: the nature of the job, what are its risk and advantages, how that work needs to be done, basically providing guidelines and roadmap.
- Job Specification: