SQL:- It stands for structured query language used to develop, maintain a database. It is a type of procedural language divided into various parts.
i) DDL:: It stands for Data Definition Language.
ii) DML:: It stands for Data Manipulation Language.
iii) DCL:: It stands for Data Control Language.
iv) TCL:: It stands for Transaction control language.
SQL allows to create .edit, update maintain database record and it also allows to develop any application.Sql provide various components like queries, Plsql, trigger, cursor, etc. SQL designed by Oracle organization in 1993. It offers various tools to run SQL command or queries.
Advantages of SQL:
- View database recorded without storing.
- It retrieves some table record by hiding some information.
- We can join two table.
- We can establish a relationship between two or more table.
- Provide relational algebra function.
- Support oops concept.
- SQL support event and event handling procedure.
- SQL support exception handling concept.
- SQL support conditional looping, array, function and programming features and components.
- SQL provides recovery facility.
Disadvantages of SQL:
- For SQL need training to an excess database.
- SQL can be handled by expert user or programmer.
- It occupies some space i.e extra memory location for each record.
- It is platform dependent language.
- It is a command based language.