OTC card – OTC Network debuted in 2010. In this year, the first nationwide Over-The-Counter (OTC) benefits package for Medicare Advantage plans and their members was introduced by Medagate Corporation and InComm. They collaborate with major providers of Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial health insurance to simplify the process by which consumers may get qualifying products using the company’s reloadable prepaid cards. Their primary objective is to have their cards approved for use at the maximum number of retail establishments around the country that are able to sell over-the-counter drugs.
What kinds of things may be purchased with an OTC card?
OTC card – Medicines that may be acquired without a doctor’s prescription are referred to as “over-the-counter” pharmaceuticals. Products available over-the-counter (OTC) are often employed for the management of less serious medical conditions. As long as you follow the guidelines on the package and listen to what your doctor or other medical expert has to say, they are risk-free and effective. At the time of registration, you will be given an OTC Network card that has a pre-funded monthly allocation if you are a member of a plan that provides coverage for over-the-counter (OTC) medications.
The following are examples of things that may be purchased with this allowance:
- Diabetic Supplies and Equipment
- Vitamin, Mineral, and Other Nutritional Supplements
- Medications for the common cold, influenza, allergies, sinusitis, and asthma
- Products for the mouth, eyes, ears, feet, skin, and sun protection
- Reliever for Coughs and Sore Throats
- Medication for the Relief of Pain
- Lubricants, moisturising creams, and nasal sprays
- Compression sleeve and garment options, in addition to additional accessories
- Assistive medical devices, such as arm slings, braces, or bandages
- Products for the Digestive System
- Dietary Supplements and Foods That Help You Maintain a Healthy Weight
- Smoking Prevention / Deterrents
- Articles of First Aid
- A Blood Pressure Home Test Kit or Other Diagnostic Equipment (Home Test Kits)
The following is a guide on how to manage your OTC card
They now provide qualifying OTC Card Members with access to a free online card management tool that is kept in a secure environment. Patients are able to carry out the following activities thanks to the web portal:
- Make sure they activate their online card and account.
- Enter your card information and check the available balance on the card.
- Examine the record of their previous financial dealings.
- Take a look at all of the participating retailers.
- When using the mobile app, scan the item’s barcode to confirm exactly which products qualify for the promotion. Alternately, you may access your online account and do a search using the product category, manufacturer, and/or product name.
To activate your OTC Card at www.myotccard.com
Select one of the following methods from the list
- Contact the Card Services Department at the following numbers: 1-888-682-2400 or TTY/TDD 711.
- Pay a visit to one of the partnering pharmacies or retailers, such as:
- Rite Aid
- Dollar General
Visit your online account to get a list of locations, or contact the following number: 1-888-260-1010 or TTY 1-888-542-3821.
It is essential to note that you do not require a doctor’s prescription. Additionally, you are not required to go to the pharmacy counter to get your prescription. Simply bring your things to the first-floor checkout counters. Scan the credit card at the register to complete the payment. The total amount of the authorised purchases will be taken from the available balance on your card automatically.
- Activate the card via the website.
- A detailed, step-by-step tutorial is provided below.
What is required of you in order to activate a OTC Card online:
- Make sure you have your Medicare Member Plan ID card number with you at all times.
- The number of your over-the-counter card, which may be located on the front of the card
- It is needed that the member of the plan who is eligible provide their date of birth.
Please make sure to follow these simple procedures if you are a NEW MEMBER who has to activate their card online:
Be sure to only activate your card on the day that your plan goes into effect or the day that it starts.
- Open this link on your smartphone right now.
- In the space given, enter the 16 or 19-digit card number that corresponds to your account.
- Make sure you click the orange “Submit” button.
- Proceed with moving forward and providing all of the necessary information to finish activating the account.
Additional Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to use an OTC card to buy food?
- You might be able to buy meals if the company accepts your card, but this depends on the card itself. The OTC Network does in fact offer a programme for groceries. To find out if you are able to purchase food, dial the number printed on the reverse of the card.
Where can I find the instructions for checking the amount on my OTC card?
To view your current balance, you will need to either download the app or login in online.
They include things such as the following:
- pharmaceuticals that alleviate aches, discomfort, and itches
- medications that treat or prevent illnesses such as gingivitis and athlete’s foot
- medication for headaches and allergy symptoms
- cough syrups, cold medicine, and influenza treatments
- creams for first aid
- sleeping aids
- ointments for babies that have diaper rash
- hand sanitizer
- medical supplies for emergencies