In this tutorial, you will learn about, What is Important elements in Directing In Principles of Management And its Characteristics.
Directing: After planning and organizing another important element that determines the success of a business organization is Directing. Directing in any organization is a continuous process. It involves all three levels of management (i.e. Top, middle, and lower).
In today’s competitive environment if an organization has to succeed, it must follow certain guidelines of the directing. Directing here involves not only giving command or instruction to the different tier (levels) but it means more than that. For the success of management, it is essential that directing should be clear and easy to understand. It leads to stability in the organizations.
The managers have the responsibility not only of planning and organizing but also guiding and directing the subordinates. Directing is actually a not only continuous process but a managerial function performed by all the managers at all levels.
Directing has three essential components:
- Issuing of instructions.
- Guiding people.
- Supervising people.
Important Elements in Directing as well as its Characteristics:
- It is an important function of management: In the management of an organization one can plan, organize, and staff and control but nothing is completed unless and until subordinates are taught what to do.
- It is an executive function that extends from top to bottom: Direction is an executable function of high-rank management. It involves determining the scope, giving orders and instructions, and providing dynamic leadership.
- The direction has a wide dimension: For the success of the organization, it is essential that direction should be clearly understood by everyone. The direction is not concerned with the only order and instruction to work. It also includes communication, supervision, motivation, etc. it also includes the study of motives.
- Direction provides not only the guidelines but it also makes people contact direct.
- Directions also play an important role in the contact of the people i.e. (contact). It helps in establishing a personal relationship with the employees.
- It is a continuous process: at all stages in an organization, the direction is a continuous activity. Management cannot give any relaxation in this process. It is the very base of future activity. Direction motivates direction commands and direction control of the organization. Direction proves the necessary leadership in the business organization. It is a process of integration that also develops future managers. Hence very important for the business organization.
Conclusion: for an efficient business organization it is very essential that directing should go on continuous bases for achieving the basic objective of planning and organizing.
Directing is the sum total of management efforts that are applied for guiding and inspiring the subordinates to achieve better results or to accomplish other objectives in the organization.
It is concerned with maintaining leadership, supervision, and commanding of subordinates and securing the best cooperation. It is an art that can be performed by long term experience.
Comment below if you have queries related to the above topic, What is Important elements in Directing In Principles of Management And its Characteristics.