In this topic, you will learn about, What is DLL? Explain their types and advantages.
What is DLL?
DLL stands for the dynamic linking library. In Visual Basic we can create a DLL file and DLL project with ActiveX control. DLL project with Active X control. DLL file offers a facility to create a dynamic procedure and function DLL creates at the time of application execution. DLL implement with the help of DLL form.
Steps to create DLL form in Visual Basic:
Step 1: Open Visual Basic application.
Advantages of DLL file:
- DLL reduces memory consumption.
- Due to DLL, we can execute functions dynamically.
- DLL increase program execution speed.
- DLL file creates automatically when application setup is completed.
- DLL hides program code and also offers a facility to reduce file incompatible types.
Types of DLL:
- DLL file offers a facility to describe by using two methods.
- DLL .exe creates an executable file at the time of application installation.
Comment below if you have queries related to the above article, What is DLL? Explain their types and advantages.