In this topic, you will learn about, Differentiate between a program and a process and possible steps of a process in an operating system.
Differentiate between a program and process:
|It is a set of instructions allow to perform.||It represents instruction that allows for a specific task. perform a specific task.|
|It performs tasks by various execution.||It depends on the program.|
|It is created with the help of training.||It can be implemented by any computer user.|
|It can be specified by using various languages.||It represents user instruction.|
Possible steps of the process:
Process steps can be classified into various categories. It allows specifying process algorithm.
- Code: To create a process we must specify program code where program code allows to represent various instructions.
- Static or dynamic data: Process represent static and dynamic variable where static variable create fix memory and dynamic create global memory.
- Procedure: It specifies a procedure called a stack. So, we can execute function or procedure call in a FILO manner.
- Program counter: It uses PCB (Process control box) or program counter to specify the program execution step.
- Operating system resource: It specifies various resources where each resource can be accessed by the process.
Comment below if you have queries related to the above article