In this topic, you will learn about, Applications of Multimedia.
Following are the common areas of applications of multimedia:
- Multimedia in Business: Multimedia can be used in many applications in a business. Multimedia technology along with communication technology has opened the door for information of global workgroups. Today the team members may be working anywhere and can work for various companies. Thus the workplace will become global.The multimedia network should support the following facilities:
- Voice Mail
- Electronic Mail
- Multimedia based FAX
- Office Needs
- Employee Training
- Sales and Other types of Group Presentation
- Records Management
- Multimedia in Marketing and Advertising: By using multimedia marketing of new products can be greatly enhanced. Multimedia boost communication at an affordable cost opened the way for the marketing and advertising personnel. The presentation that has flying banners, video transitions, animations, and sound effects are some of the elements used in composing a multimedia-based advertisement to appeal to the consumer in a way never used before and promote the sale of the products.
- Multimedia in Entertainment: By using multimedia marketing of new products can be greatly enhanced. Multimedia boost communication at an affordable cost opened the way for the marketing and advertising personnel. A presentation that has flying banners, video transitions, animations, and sound effects are some of the elements used in composing a multimedia-based advertisement to appeal to the consumer in a way never used before and promote the sale of the products.
- Multimedia in Education: Many computer games with a focus on education are now available. Consider an example of an educational game that plays various rhymes for kids. The child can paint the pictures, increase reduce the size of various objects, etc apart from just playing the rhymes. Several other multimedia packages are available in the market which provides a lot of detailed information and playing capabilities to kids.
- Multimedia in Bank: Bank is another public place where multimedia is finding more and more application in recent times. People go to the bank to open saving/current accounts, deposit funds, withdraw money, know various financial schemes of the bank, obtain loans, etc. Every bank has a lot of information that it wants to impart to in customers. For this purpose, it can use multimedia in many ways. Bank also displays information about its various schemes on a PC monitor placed in the rest area for customers. Today on-line and internet banking have become very popular. These use multimedia extensively. Multimedia is thus helping banks give service to their customers and also in educating them about banks’ attractive finance schemes.
- Multimedia in Hospital: Multimedia best use in hospitals is for real-time monitoring of conditions of patients in critical illness or accident. The conditions are displayed continuously on a computer screen and can alert the doctor/nurse on duty if any changes are observed on the screen. Multimedia makes it possible to consult a surgeon or an expert who can watch an ongoing surgery line on his PC monitor and give online advice at any crucial juncture.
- In hospitals, multimedia can also be used to diagnose an illness with CD-ROMs/ Cassettes/ DVDs full of multimedia based information about various diseases and their treatment. Some hospitals extensively use multimedia presentations in training their junior staff of doctors and nurses. Multimedia displays are now extensively used during critical surgeries.
- Multimedia Pedagogues: Pedagogues are useful teaching aids only if they stimulate and motivate the students. The audio-visual support to a pedagogue can actually help in doing so. A multimedia tutor can provide multiple numbers of challenges to the student to stimulate his interest in a topic. The instruction provided by the pedagogue has moved beyond providing only button level control to intelligent simulations, dynamic creation of links, composition and collaboration, and system testing of the user interactions.
- Communication Technology and Multimedia Services: The advancement of high computing abilities, communication ways, and relevant standards has started the beginning of an era where you will be provided with multimedia facilities at home.
- These services may include:
- Basic Television Services
- Interactive entertainment
- Digital Audio
- Video on demand
- Home shopping
- Financial Transactions
- Interactive multiplayer or single-player games
- Digital multimedia libraries
- E-Newspapers, e-magazines
- These services may include:
Comment below if you have queries related to the above article, Applications of Multimedia.