In this tutorial, you will learn about, the advantages and disadvantages of the CASE tool.
What is the emergence of the CASE tool?
Case tool reduces the time and cost of software development and also ensure the quality of software. It stands for computer-aided software engineering. It was introduced in 1988. It offers a facility to access all designing methods, prototyping, feasibility studies, and other functionalities. The case tool supports various development steps.
- Establish a relation between requirements and model.
- Develop a top-down approach.
- Test case.
- Design data flow diagram or ER-diagram.
- Develop functional and process descriptions.
Use of case tool:
- Increase installation speed.
- Save time by reducing coding and testing time.
- Enhance analysis and design.
- Create and manipulate documentation.
Advantages of case tool:
- Reduce maintenance costs.
- Increase productivity.
- Perform testing very easily.
- Provide rapid application development.
- Support project management.
DisAdvantages of case tool:
- Training for use.
- Technical limitation.
- Very difficult for technology transfer.
- Difficult to select a case tool.
Various Uses Of Case tools:
- Project management.
- Creation of data dictionary.
- Design user interface.
- Code generation.
- Schema generation.
- Software testing.
- Project scheduling.
- Cost and benefit analysis.
- Data modeling.
- Analysis and design for documentation.
Comment below if you have queries related to the above topic, the advantages and disadvantages of the CASE tool.